Monday 12 September 2016

Day 3: Norddeich to Esens/Bensersiel

I am falling into a routine. The slanted cycle tracks along the dykes are totally awesome! Sheep graze on them. I have been trying to catch and pet one from day one, but they always run away when I approach. Today, the sheep are of a different kind, with white wool and black faces. They are all over our cycle track, and finally I catch one! It's wool is oily!

We cycle through Neßmersiel and Dornumersiel to Bensersiel. A Siel is a long narrow harbour that shelters the ships from the storms at sea.

Ice cream break in Neßmersiel, and they have put up a signpost to Great Barrier Reef at home: only 14,725 km from the North Sea.

Another 44 km today. I am getting used to the distances.
Fancy seeing you here.
It is so hard to catch and pat a sheep! 
Great Barrier Reef: 14,725 km, we must be at the North Sea.
My friend and I.
Another Siel harbour.


No comments:

Post a Comment